Wednesday 31 October 2007

I played a couple of stts today and managed to come 2nd and bubbled 4th in the other.

In the first game I got absolutely no cards and just hung on to get in the money - one player had disconnected and never came back so it was simply a case of waiting for him to bust which he did. When he had 25 chips and was in the big blind the next hand, I even folded KK preflop! Once in the money I then picked up a few cards and came back from 500 chips to get heads up and be a 2-1 chip leader. However, 2 consecutive rivers with my AJ falling to a river Q and then 88 falling to a rivered set of 7s saw me finish 2nd. Frustrating but that's poker and a cash is a cash.

The hand below is a classic from earlier in the game where 2 big stacks collide and one of them has the bigger full house.

> richmagpies1 posted small blind (25)
> pedmcg posted big blind (50)
> Game # 860,675,838 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(2h 6h )
> TallTexan4 called for 50
> Try_Harder folded
> weeslick folded
> dave4a2000 folded
> richmagpies1 folded
> pedmcg checked
> Dealing the Flop(4s 3h Qc )
> pedmcg checked
> TallTexan4 bet for 100
> pedmcg called for 100
> Dealing the turn(4h )
> pedmcg checked
> TallTexan4 bet for 200
> pedmcg called for 200
> Dealing the river(3s )
> pedmcg bet for 300
> TallTexan4 went all-in for 4,185.48
> pedmcg called for 3,885.48
> pedmcg shows a Full House, Fours full of Threes
(4d 4s 4h 3h 3s )
> TallTexan4 shows a Full House, Threes full of Fours
(3c 3h 3s 4s 4h )
> pedmcg wins 9,095.96 with a Full House, Fours full of Threes
> TallTexan4 has left the tournament in 6th place

In the 2nd game it was pretty much the same story. I didn't get many cards and when I did get big pocket pairs, everyone folded to my pre-flop raises which was a shame lol. I guess I could slow play but I've seen too many people do that and then someone limping in or in the big blind with 72 hits 2 pair and your out - better to win a small pot than lose a big one especially in the first few levels. Anyway I managed to get to about 9k after playing back at a guy 2 seats to my right who was a serial raiser - I had QJ and he made his usual preflop bet to 2.4k, I'd had enough raised to 4k and when he re-raised me I called. He had A4 which is just crazy play in my opinion and I was pleased to see a 5T89J board to give me a straight and slow him down a bit.

On the bubble I looked down at 45 in the big blind and checked, QJJ flop was checked. The turn was 5 and our friend bet 1k. I re-raised to 4k determined to make a stand. Of course the guy who was it seems unable to ever lay a hand down called and of course hit runner runner for a flush...Jesus it took some restraint not to let rip at him but in the long run its just not worth it. I'd rather they didn't know that they play like complete morons as they can't hit every time! lol

I've been on quite a good run over the last week or so and I've doubled the bankroll so I can't complain too much as it now stands at $46.46

No comments: