Sunday 28 October 2007

Cashed in Stars $100k guaranteed

I played this $10 game tonight and managed to come 2237th out of 17984 entrants for $17.98, half of which will be sent to action man as he staked me.

It wasn't a bad game but I never really got going. I was down to 2.1k from a starting stack of 3k after half an hour but managed to win a few small pots and was back up to 3k at the first break. Apart from QQ (to which every one folded pre flop) and AK/AQ which missed the flop, I never really got any decent hole cards. I picked up 22, 33, 44 and managed to double up to 5.4k when I pushed under the gun with 33 and hit a set.

I managed to get up to 9.5k after pushing all in twice in a row and stealing the blinds and antes. Towards the bubble the blinds were 800/1600 so almost 3k a round. I was short stacked but players were dropping like flies and I never looked like I was going to miss out on the cash. The bubble broke on the last hand before the 2nd break. I was pleased to make the money but I did find it amazing that it went from 18,000 players to 3000 in 2 hours! I finally pushed with A9 under the gun when I had less than 3 big blinds and was called by QT with the inevitable Q on the flop and I was out.

I didn't think the standard was that great and I made the cash comfortably without picking up any cards or making any big hands. I think that with a few cards I would fancy my chances of going deep in this sometime in the future. As it turns out, of the 15 from the laddies forum who entered I finished 2nd and as I write this manicboy is still in 496th/597 with 36k and looks like he will get at least $71.

The bankroll now stands at $44.26

No comments: