Tuesday 30 October 2007

I managed to play a couple of STTs today. Whilst waiting for the laddies super deep stack to start, I played a $1 stt on pokerstars. I never picked up anything and with just 8 big blinds, I pushed on the button with AT and ran into AK in the big blind.

Anyway I faired better in the laddies super deep stack. I got off to an excellent start when I tripled up with 99 after flopping a set against AQ and KK. The board was T94 with 2 hearts and all the chips went in after the flop. Fair enough with the KK but the AQ with a gut shot straight draw lol? The turn and river were A, 6 and I'm up to 14.8k. After this I was card dead for ages and there was no point risking the stack raising with mediocre cards as at this level people are quite prepared to go all in with any A or a flush draw.

I won a few hands with QJ, AT, QT in position but lost about 1k with TT to a flopped quad Ks! I made the money in 3rd with about 10k which was a bit disappointing as the other 2 had 20k each. Again I was getting nothing - i don't know about you but I always get crap in the big blind and the other 2 were quite rightly raising my blinds! The last last hand I raised from the button with A8 and was called. I hit top pair on an A62 board which also gave me the nut flush draw and I pushed. However, the chip leader was unable to lay down his A3 and rivered 2 pair and so I was out.

I was disappointed not to win as I had big stack early on but I guess it could have been worse!

The bankroll is now $44.86

No comments: