Friday 26 October 2007

I played a Laddies deepstack STT tonight and am pleased to say that I won it!

It wasn't a bad game but by level 5 we were down to the last 3. It started off as usual with people trying to double up early on. The guy to my right was involved in pots of over 5k in the first 3 hands of which he won 1, lost one and split one so no damage done lol. I just sat tight and apart from getting 99 twice and as my pre-flop raise of 5x bb got 3 callers each time and there were 2 over cards on both flops, i laid them down to pot size bets - no way was I going broke like that!

The first hand I won and in fact the only hand I won before we reached the last 3 was with AA lol. I raised pre-flop in the cutoff to 400 (bb was 50), and was pleased to be re-raised to 700. I re-re-raised him to 2.1k and he then put me all in and I was only too pleased call for the rest of my chips! Even more so when he showed 99 and the board came 3383Q board and i doubled up to 8.8k.

After that I was pretty comfortable and was happy to sit tight, fold the rubbish I was being dealt and let the others knock themselves out until we got into the last 3. Given the blinds there is no need to go crazy and play poor hole cards! By level 5 we were down to last 3 - the guy who bubbled had been the chip leader with 20k+ about 5 hands before but donked them off spectacularly!

In the money and I was getting on for a 3-1 chip dog to other 2 with about 7k compared to there 21k each. I won 2.8k with AK on the button after a 950 raise and a 950 continuation bet on a 542 board. I then managed to knock out the 3rd place guy who had blown most of his chips and the chip leader now had a massive 39k stack! I picked up 33 and flat called in the big blind. The flop was J62 and we both checked. Turn was Q and I called a 150 bet. The river was 3 and I re-raised t0 850. He then min re-re-raised me so i pushed for my remaining chips, he called with J6, and I was up to 11.3k and he was gone.

Now heads up and I'm a massive 4-1 chip dog so it was not looking good! He was quite aggressive as you should be! I couldn't call raises of 1k with only 11k if I didn't have a hand. I needed to sit tight and hope he let me see cheap flops which I could hit. The blinds were still 75/150 so there was no great urgency. Anyway I picked up KQ and called the 375 raise. The flop was K32, we checked, turn was 2, we both checked, river Q, and he folded to my 525 bet and I won 2.1k. Now at level 6 and I pick up AA again, I'm so pleased he is first to act and bets. I raise to 3.2k. The flop is 963 and I go all in for 6k, he calls with K9 and I double up to 17k and am now in with a shout.

In level 6 I have KJ, and call a 600 bet. The flop is K86 and I bet 700. He re-raises to 1700, and I push all in for 14k. He calls with Q8 and no help for him and I'm up to 34k and its looking even better! There were no real big hands for about 20 mins as its just raise and fold or see cheap flops and fold to bets. I got up to 39k and then back to 36k and so it went on. I guess he was just waiting for a hand to push with and I didn't want to call with any old crap and double him up needlessly. The final hand was TT so I bet 900, he re-raises all in and I think for about 10 seconds before calling. If he has a bigger pair, fair enough but I can't see him pushing all in pre-flop. If he has over cards say AQ or KJ then I'm still a favourite and I'm not gonna get better than TT very often. He had KT and is down to 3 outs bar an unlikely straight or 4 flush. The board came 6724Q and its all over baby! Lol. I said gg wp to him but he didn't reply so he either had his chat off or was pissed off he blown a 4-1 chip lead heads up lol.

The only other game I played this week was a quick $1 5 equal pay stt in which I finished 3rd for a grand profit of 90 cents lol. Still, every little helps I guess!


The bankroll is now up to $31.47

No comments: