Sunday 7 October 2007

STT time

I decided to play an STT today, a $2.20 super deepstack (5k chips, 15 min blinds) on ladbrokes. Now I know this is probably a bit too big a buy-in for this bank roll challenge but I think that these games suit my tight style and give me a chance to play some poker. For some reason on Laddies the regular STTs miss the 75/150 and 150/300 levels and go from 50/100 to 100/200 to 200/400 which in my opinion turns games where you only get 1500 chips into a crapshoot once you hit hit the 200/400 level. I guess some some people like these almost turbo style games but I'm not one of them! The super deepstack games tend to last around 2 hours which can be frustrating though if you bubble! I make the money in almost 50% of the deep stack STTs I play which is not bad and I do show a profit on them so I may continue to use them to build the bank roll for this challenge.

Any how I managed to finish 3rd in the one game I was able to play today. I didn't get any big pairs, in fact JJ was my best hand preflop, but I managed to hit trips a couple of times and bet the flop when I hit in the blinds or with connectors in position. One guy was up to 25k after about 20 mins via some ridiculously awful calls which hit i.e. calling an all in preflop with AT after someone had already called- of course he hit a river T to make trips to knock out KK and AQ lol. I just played steady and used position and after a long bubble managed to make the money with about 11k chips in 3rd place. Unfortunately I was then pretty card dead and when I raised preflop with cards like AQ, 66, I always seemed to miss the dangerous looking flop which is the way it goes sometimes. I finally went out with AQ after raising pre-flop and making a continuation bet when the flop brought me an open ended straight draw. Unfortunately, I ran into a flopped set and that was it when I didn't hit my 8 outs. Still its always nice to make the money and it was an enjoyable game.

I played the Inside Poker magazine freeroll but went out early doors when my QQ ran into KK.


The bankroll now stands at $15.57 which is the highest so far.

No comments: