Thursday 1 November 2007

Maniacs in STTs

I played a laddies super deep stack again today and it was eventful to say the least!

It was a table full of maniacs right from the get-go! By hand 3 there was a chip leader with 16k, 2 had already been knocked out and 2 others were down to 2k & 3k respectively. By hand 5 there were 2 big chip leaders with 14k and 15k and 4 players had been knocked out! 10 mins into level 1 and were on the bubble. come on guys, its 5000 chips and 15 minute blinds ....just crazy really.

I could see that the only way to play this was errrrrr.... to not play any hands apart from monsters which would get paid off as no one was able to lay down even bottom pair to a bet. In one hand they were calling bets to the river with Q high and J high!

The first decent hand I picked up was KK in the big blind in level 2. I raised a pre-flop bet to 420, and as expected I was re-raised to 1.2k. HURRAH! I then re-re raised to 2.5k. He called as expected and the flop was K82 with 2 spades. I didn't want to give free card as he probably had 72 spades and I bet all in for my remaining 2.5k and amazingly he folded and I was up to 8.2k.

Unsurprisingly the bubble burst very shortly afterwards and I had 8.5k to the others 27k and 14k. I wasn't worried as the blinds were still 25/50so I had plenty of time to wait for cards and let the other 2 play it like it was limit and just bet and call each other to the river all the time! Level 4 and I have 86 in the big blind which I check. the flop is J86 and I can feel a big pile of chips coming my way! I raised his min bet to 250, and he lazily re-raised me all in by just pressing his all in button for about 20k. I call and he has J5 lol and I double up to 12.5k.

I win a few hands with AQ, QJ, T2 in the big blind. I then pick up KJ and raise to 300 pre-flop. The flop is AAK and I call bets of 225, 150, and 825 on a turn of 5 and river 9 and win 3.3k with a better 2 pair. The big hand 3 handed was when I had JT in the small blind. I flat called and loved the JT6 flop with 2 diamonds. I bet 300 and was raised to 600. Could he be on a flush draw? Probably but I wasn't going to lay this down based on what I had seen before. I re-raised to 2.1k and he went all in. Hmmmmm but I was pretty committed by now and called. He flipped over KK so I just need to avoid the Kings and the board pairing and I'm home. Well the turn J and river T were sweet and I doubled up to 23k and was now chip leader.

The guy then donked the remainder of his chips off with T8 and at the start of heads up I was a 28-21k chip dog.

The chip lead went back and forth but I was probably in second place most of the time. In the last hand we managed to get them all in on a A23 board. I had AQ, he had T5 and yes the turn was 4 and he won lol.

Looking at my stats I finish 2nd far too many times so need to work on my heads up play a bit to try and convert places into wins. However, when I look back at the actual hands, the amount of times I lose with the best hand is either worrying because I'm just very unlucky or good because I'm getting my chips in as favourite. I haven't decided which yet lol

Woo hoo! The bankroll has passed the $50 barrier and now stands at $50.26

No comments: