Saturday 24 November 2007

Another STT cash

Today is the first chance I have had to sit down and play a game since last weekend and I'm pleased to say that the good run continues as I managed a 2nd place in a laddies super deep stack stt.

I managed to get a hand in the first level for a change when I had KK and found a short stack willing to gamble with A4 and when he missed his 3 outs after going all in preflop I won 2.9k. In level 2 I had AK twice and my preflop raises got no respect each time as I got 4 callers! The ragged flops were no help to me and my third of the pot size continuation bets were re-raised each time which holding just A high was an easy fold. Further into the level my raises with 33 and 88 got respect so I am assuming no one had an A otherwise they would have called and I won the blinds.

the next hand worth mentioning was in level 5 when I re-raised pf to 3k. The short stack re-raised for his last 1k and turned over AQ. I was exepcting an A but the J6268 had 8k shipped to me.

We were shortly down to the last 3 and i had 8k vs 14k vs 28k. The blinds were still small so there was no need for rahs moves just yet! My patience was rewarded when I had JT spades on the button. I called 400 and we all saw the AKQ flop with 2 spades gave me the nut straight and nut flush draw. The only hand I really feared was 2 spades with them holding the Queen. The first to act checked, there was a raise which I called and then the chip leader raised to 2k. I re-raised to 4.2k and was then put all in. I couldn't get my chips in quick enough and he turned over KQ. He didn't have the Q spades thankfully but still had 4 outs for the full house. The turn and river were J, 3 and and I won 18k.

I was now chip leader and we were soon heads up as the previous big chip leader donked his chips off to give my opponent a handy 17k vs 33k chip lead. I never got any cards heads up apart from winning 10k when I flopped 2 pair with J6 and bet out. I then immediately gave them back chasing the nut flush which was a mistake lol. My opponent seemed to hit every flop which is demonstrated by the last hand. I had AQ and bet. He called and we saw a AJ2 flop. I went all in and of course he called with AJ lol and there was no Q to save me!

The bankroll is now at $106.59

No comments: