Tuesday 6 November 2007

I played 1 laddies super deep stack stt and managed 3rd.

I had no cards at all till Level 4 so as usual just sat tight and waited and waited and waited....lol. I won a couple fo hands with AJ when I hit top pair on turn and then with J7 when hit a full house on KK77 board but my minimum bet on the turn just made everybody fold which was frustrating. These were the only 2 hands i played before we were at the bubble towards the end of level 4 and I had about 5k in front of me.

I loosened up a bit which was due to picking up a few cards in level 5 and won with QQ, AK, A9, AA, A8, AQ but no really big pots as people were passive and playing to get in the money. We had a big cl with about 29k, i had 6k and others had 10k and 5k each. The bubble burst when the 5k stack ran his medium pair into KK.

Down to the last 3 and the cards deserted me again and I was down to less than 4k when the blinds reached 150/300. I had to start playing some weaker cards and hope for a double up s otherwise I was just going to get blinded out. I won a few hands raising pre-flop with K8, K6 and similar junk but the amount of 92, 84, J3, T6 etc I was getting in the bb meant that I was fighting a losing battle and leaking chips every round!

The last 3 hands I pushed all in pre-flop with AT and AJ and all folded so I picked up the blinds. The third hand was 99 which was pretty good as I was sure someone, probably the chip leader, would call the third time because he had over 35k. Sure enough he called with K6 clubs and I was a 3-1 favourite to double up to about 8k and be back in with a shout. However 2 clubs on the flop followed by a third on the river put paid to any thoughts of a glorious come back and I was out!

The bank roll now stands at $83.39

Some other stats for the challenge that might be if interest are:

Number of cash/ tourney sessions - 45
Overall ROI - 84.60%
Tournament ROI - 129.72%
Tournament in the money - 76%

These are pretty good but impossible to maintain for any length of time and are skewed by the low number of sessions! But better to have them skewed this way than the other way lol! If I can keep in the money in stts over 50% of the time and make sure the 1st and 2nds out number the 3rds I will be pretty pleased and will show a profit.

No comments: