Saturday 3 November 2007

Free money!

I have an account with Mansion but rarely play there as it was usually dead and the games were rubbish! However, I had an email from them today telling me they had put $10 in my account and that it had to be used by Tuesday. So I decided to take them up on their generosity and play a couple of $5 stts. You get 1500 chips with 8 min blinds so not that great a structure.

The first tourney I played I had no cards apart from AK with which I doubled up to 2k against JJ. I managed to get to the last 4 and had QQ. I re-raised the chip leader all in for my last 1.8k and he called with A5 and of course the river was an A. But never mind its not like it had cost me anything!

I registered for the 2nd game straight away and am pleased to say that I won the game so made a clear $25 profit!

It was a long game and I managed to get a few chips early on when I flopped 2 pair with QJ and AK was also kind as the K came on the turn. I then had a bit of luck with 22. I flat called and was hoping to hit a set. The flop was 872 with 2 diamonds. I called the short stacks all in for 350 and he had a flush draw which was a fair enough play. The turn was the Td but the Th on the river made my full house and I won 1.3k and he was out. The bubble lasted for an absolute age with all 4 of us in danger of going out at least once. We all played too passively as the blinds were quite high and picking these up along with a double up and you were right back in it. The river hurt all of us and saved all of us before it finally burst. It didn't take as long to get to heads up and the scenario we had on the bubble was repeated with us both being almost to the felt before coming back to be chip leader. The final hand saw my KT hold up against his Q9 when we both hit our top pairs on the flop and the chips went in the middle and I managed to sneak home for the win.

For some reason I can't find the tourney summaries on Mansion and when you click on tourney details it directs you to their website so this is the best I can do. Ho hum!

The bankroll now stands at a healthy $81.59!

No comments: