Tuesday 1 April 2008

Muppets on party grrrrr

I managed to turn the $10 ticket I had left into a level 3 $30 ticket by finishing second in a game this morning. I then loaded up a level 3 game and got rivered when ahead to finish a disappointing 1oth!

I had AK and rasied it 200 and got 3 callers! The flop was K62 and I bet 3/4 pot and got a caller. The turn was a J and I pushed all in. He calls and turns over K7....wtf? so is miles behind only for the river to give him a 7 and knock me out. K7 ffs! Never mind how can he call preflop with K7 but then how can he call on the flop and the turn? GRRRR! Drives me crazy! Should I have pushed on the turn? Well it was the right play as I was miles ahead but obviously the wrong play by the river lol

I bought in and played another $3 level 1 game and won it to get another Level 2 token. Ihad a nice hand when I hit quad 5s.


I then played the Level 2 token and doubled up in level 3 with AA when he couldn't put down QJ preflop after I had re-raised him....the mind boggles, it really does. After that it was pretty poor and my exit was with AK after the guy under the gun called a raise of 1200 with Q6!!! and of course he had a wild guess that his 6 was good on the J76 flop. It was good but I mean come on, lets just shove and pray! So out in 6th but with another level 1 token.

I played the level 1 game and won 900 first hand with AA vs KK. The flop brought an A which probably saved him his whole stack. No cards after that until I called an obviously tilting short stack's all in with 99, he turned over A6 and although he hit his A on the flop, I hit my 9 too. I then picked up AA again and was pleased to get a re-raiser who then called my all in with KK.....yes the river was K and that was that....grrrrr!

I will probably quit these steps games and go back to the normal STTs. I've had $140 worth of play for $15 which is pretty good. What gets me though is even though I have a finished in the money stat of 71% (cashed 12/17 times with half of these cashes being 1st or 2nd) I am still $15 down! The way I see it is that I'm not gonna get any 'useful' cash to add to the bankroll unless I get to level 6 and given the amount of luck or rather luck needed to avoid the idiot calls, getting to level 6 is gonna be a slog. And probably one which I'm not prepared to undertake.

No comments: