Friday 18 April 2008

Card dead

I played a 1 euro MTT on Poker Trillion tonight and had no cards all game. The only hand I had for the first 4 levels was JJ which I folded to a big bet on an AK flop. I witnessed some shockingly bad play too. In most hands there were 5 or 6 callers and I lost count of the hands where 8 or 9 players saw the flop even with a pref-flop raise! We had lost 100 players out of 370 by half way through the second level and almost 2/3 of the field by the first break. Calling all ins with K3 for your whole stack was the norm.

I had to laugh when a guy went all in with A9 and was called by K8 for all his stack. The flop brought a K but when the river brought an A, the guy with A9 said 'sorry'! Why are you sorry? You were ahead preflop, some donkey called for his whole stack with K8, got lucky and then you won on the river...why are you sorry when you had the best hand preflop? lol The donkey with K8 got what he deserved for his awful call for all his chips! I mean you can move all in with K8 but calling with it? lol

I managed a double up to 2.6k with AA after my 2x bb raise was re-raised all in by AQ. I couldn't get my chips in fast enough and the A on flop pretty much sealed the deal. However, that was as far as my good fortune went and a push on the button with K8, which was ironic given the donkey call above, for less than 4 xbb got a call in the big blind with AT which was fine and he flopped a full house lol.

Challenge bankroll is $269.48 and seems to have plateaued for the last 6 weeks or so but at least the general trend is upwards rather than downwards. I don't think I'm playing any different than usual, its just that little bit of bad luck or others hitting cards at the wrong times (for me) but that's just the run of the cards and something that has happened many times before. A bit frustrating but not a lot you can do about it really!

Anyway I doubt I am gonna be able to play much this weekend as we are moving house next month and so have plenty of things to do before then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.