Tuesday 15 April 2008

One of those games.....again....grrrr

I played another super deepstack STT tonight and it was one of those games where you never get any cards and on the few occasions that you do, the flop couldn't be any worse for your hand if it tried!

First hand I get JJ utg (sigh). I should just fold lol but instead raise to 120 and get 2 callers. The flop is 642 (2 clubs) which isn't too bad, so I bet out 195 and am re-raised to 1k and there is a caller. I think about it for a bit but its the first hand and its just not worth risking my whole stack when I could be up against a set, an over pair, a straight draw or a flush draw. If I wanted to just dump my chips in and pray I would be playing turbos lol. So I fold. After just 11 hands we are 2 players down and the chip leader on my right has 15k. I really don't see why some people play these deep stack games.

The cards don't get much better and its another 30 hands before I get anything worth playing - QQ in the big blind. I raise to 300 and get a caller. The flop is 853 with 2 spades. I bet out 450 and get a caller. The turn is Ks which is an awful card for me putting an over pair and a flush on the board, so I check. The river is a 6 spades which is another poor card for me as I have two red queens. I check and fold to the 2k bet. I guess I could have bet on the turn but if I get a call or raise its obvious I am behind and he obviously has something as he called both pre and post flop so it would just be throwing chips away as I would have to bet 3/4 or 2/3 of the pot as he's gonna call for anything less as I would be giving him the odds if he is on a draw.

A few hands later I get AA and raise to 200 and of course everyone folds! About 10 hands later I win preflop with AK and the very next hand get AK again. I raise to 600 and am re-raised all in. I call as I'm getting a bit pissed off and he turns over 66! Now I don't think this is good play from him. If someone calls he is at best gonna be a coin flip as it is unlikely he is gonna get a call with a lower pair. If he is up against a big pair he is a big dog and against 2 over cards he is only a 55-45% at best or could be worse if they are suited or connected. Anyhow, of course I hit my A but he hits a set and its all over....sigh. One day I will play a game when I will hit a flop or win a race.....hopefully! lol

Challenge bankroll is $271.13

No comments: