Wednesday 2 April 2008

A rag kills me (again) & dormant account fees

This blog is starting to sound like one continual moan about morons shoving their chips in the middle with A rag and hitting and lo and behold here is another example....I played the 2k guaranteed $1 re-buy (yeah I know its bound to be full of muppets) on Blue Square. I didn't have many cards but AA held up twice and I was about average at the first break. I hadn't re-bought but took the add on. About half way through the second hour the site started to freeze, people sitting out, minutes passed between hands, but the clock didn't stop and I think we got through 2 levels with about 3 hands being played. Blinds were now 500/1k and I had 54 in the bb. I checked and then pushed all in on the J54 board. A big stack called with A4 and of course he hits his river A. FFS! Such a terrible call with bottom pair! So instead of being above average chips I'm out in 242/670.

In the middle of being knocked out I was on the phone to World Poker Tour support where I have an account. I haven't played there for a few months but opened it up to see if there were anything worth playing. I only have $100 in the account but this had gone down by $14 over the last few months which was strange. I emailed them and then called them. Apparently
its a 'dormancy fee' and that after 2 months they take $2, then $2 the next month and then $10 a month after that until the account is empty! Bit of a cheek for doing bugger all! Anyway I gave the nice German -sounding woman some grief on the phone (fuelled by the A rag muppet call), 'close my account etc' and they rang me back and said that they will refund it as 'goodwill gesture' as I'm a valued player (yeah I'm a real high roller lol).

She said its its all in the terms and conditions but who reads them?
I'm not sure if other sites have the same policy but might be worth checking if you have lots of accounts with not much in them and register for a free roll once a month or you may find that some accounts may be emptied without you knowing!

No comments: