Monday 31 March 2008

Up the steps we go!

I've only played a few of these steps games since I last posted. Results are as follows:

Level 1 - Played 2 - 4th and 2nd so that's a level 1 and a Level 2 ticket
Level 2 - Played 2 - 1st and 6th so that's a level 3 and a level 1 ticket

So I have a Level 3 and a Level 2 ticket left at the moment.

The standard at level 2 is no better than at level 1 and it is just a case of playing tight for the first level or 2 as by then 3 players have usually been knocked out and you are guaranteed a level 1 ticket at least. Overall I've played 12 games and cashed 9 times, 4 of these being in the top 2 where you get a ticket to the next level which is pretty good I think!

I have a week off work this week! WOO HOO! So will hopefully be able to play a few games during the day.

Its the Nordic Bet $25k freeroll tonight so it would be great to go deep in that as I rarely play games with that big a prize pool. It will have over 5000 entrants but like most freerolls if you can avoid getting mupped early on and get a few hands you can make the cash.

UPDATE - well, no hands at all in the freeroll and out in 1920/8080.

I decided to play my L2 steps ticket and busted out in 9th. I got JJ in the bb early on and flat called a raise. The flop was rags and I bet the pot but folded to a re-raise. I then had AK clubs twice but only picked up the blinds. I was one of the shorter stacks with blinds at 100/200 and had AT diamonds. I called and picked up a straight flush and straight draw on the AQJ board. I pushed all in as I had a ton of outs but the caller had KT including the K diamonds and the turn and river were bricks for me and I'm gone in 9th. Disappointing but sometimes you have to take a chance!

So I still have a level 3 ticket which I will probably play tomorrow.

UPDATE 2

I decided to play the $30 ticket and came 5th so get another shot at the $10 level. I was card dead apart from when I flopped the nut straight with AQ but got no action. I doubled up with AK vs the loose chip leaders KJ call to get back to 2.5k. Then it was just a case of stealing the blinds with A2, Q9, K5, K4 to try and stay alive. I got AJ on the button and pushed. The chip leader called with 55 and hit his set and I was out. However, as I have said about the other levels, the standard is no different really and you still get some awful play.

No comments: