Sunday 2 March 2008

Great gig and more STTs

I went to see one of my all time fave bands last night - The Mission - play their last ever gig! I've seen them loads of times and have had some great times going all the way back to 1988 so it was gonna be an emotional night! Shepherds Bush Empire was packed solid and there was a brilliant atmosphere as everyone enjoyed every last second of a great band!

True to form they put on an amazing show - played the whole of Carved in Sand and then a second set of greatest hits and live favourites. They played for about 3 hours in total and it was fantastic! I'm hoarse today after singing along (some may say shouting tunelessly) at the top of my voice for 3 hours. I thought I was gonna be upset at knowing that I'd never see them again and there was a lump in my throat at the end but but to go out like they did and being there with everyone else to salute them and say thanks for some great times was just incredible! The night was filmed for a DVD and I can't wait for that to come out! I just hope its not reduced to an hour but that they keep everything in especially the brothers....sisters...chant at the end of 'Deliverance' which went on for about 10 minutes - the whole place shouting as one was just mental and I'll never forget it!

So back to the rather mundane as I played another deep stack stt today with the last few bits of my hangover. Now bearing in mind these are 5k chips and 20 hand levels, it was played like a turbo. After 7 hands we were down to 6 and there was a big chip leader with 15k. I picked up AQ in the big blind and won 800 when I flopped a Q. By half way through level 2 we were down to the last3 which was crazy. I was the chip dog with 5k vs 8k vs 26k. I won a few hands with KK, KQ,KJ but nothing big until level 4 when i raised with A2 clubs in the small blind for 300 hoping to pick up the blinds. I had one caller and a flop of 874 with 3 clubs which was a good flop for me. I checked and called 700 hoping to for a club. The turn was 6 hearts and the check let me see a free river card which was a T clubs. I bet 525 and had 1 caller and raked in 3.1k.

I didn't get many cards but the play was really passive and I managed to get up to 8k. My last hand was the dreaded KK again in the small blind. I was gonna limp in as when I had raised before they just folded. So I min raised to 400 hoping for some action. The chip leader called and we saw a Q98 flop. He checked and I bet 200. He re-raised me to 1.5k and I re-raised him all in. He called and showed his Q9 lol and the board was no help and I was gone in 3rd for $8. Bloody KK!

The challenge bankroll is now $248.80

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.