Thursday 20 March 2008

Card dead

First games for a while today and I got a 3rd and 6th in 2 super deepstack stts.

Nothing much to report really as I was card dead in both pretty much all the time. I had QQ 3 times in the first game but never won big pots as my rasies were either folded preflop or on the flop. I suffered a few beats when two pair was beaten by runne runner straight 2 hands in a row and ran TT into JJ on a raggy board lol. I thought I was out when in level I rasied to 1.2k with TT. There was i caller and the board came J87 (2 spades). I re-rasied all in for ym last 1.5k and he called with 66. Happy days until the turn was a 6..... arrrggghhh but the river 9 gave me a straight and I doubled up to 5.8k lol. Oh and of course I had the usual fold trash and flop a full house hand lol. I seem to get at least one of these every game!

In the end I got them all in with 66 and was called by AK who hits a K on the turn grrrr just can't seem to win a race these days. So a profit of $2.50 lol

In the 2nd game I was even more card dead but this hand probably sums it.

> 000rusty000 posted big blind (30)
> Game # 950,771,226 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(Jh Jc )
jens_dog> nh
> bren21 folded
Countalucard> ty ul
> Countalucard folded
> richmagpies1 raised for 180
> RiverKing66 folded
> Apresboarder folded
jens_dog> no i knew you had it :-)
> jens_dog called for 180
> s-pyro folded
> 000rusty000 called for 150
> Dealing the Flop(10c Jd Qc )
> 000rusty000 checked
> richmagpies1 bet for 555
> jens_dog went all-in for 400
> 000rusty000 called for 555
> Dealing the turn(6h )
> 000rusty000 checked
> richmagpies1 checked
> Dealing the river(Ac )
> 000rusty000 bet for 2,065
> richmagpies1 folded
> Extra chips returned to 000rusty000, 2,065
> jens_dog shows One Pair, Fives
(5c 5s Ac Qc Jd )
> 000rusty000 shows Two Pair, Aces over Jacks
(As Ac Js Jd Qc )
> 000rusty000 wins 2,065 with Two Pair, Aces over Jacks

I laid down the best hand here but there were so many hands beating me here - was a flush and straight on the board! Maybe my own fault as I should have bet the turn? I was a bit annoyed after that and not getting any cards at all didn't help. I managed to double up with 88 vs A7 but a few hands later I pushed with KJ after hitting top pair on a J high board. I was called by QQ and that was that! Crap play by me i think as I shouldn't be playing KJ really but then again it was in the big blind so just one of those things I guess.

So down $3 for the day for the STTs.

Challenge bankroll is $248.15

No comments: