Sunday 23 March 2008

Can't win a race!

I played another $5 stt and bubbled in 4th.

Sometimes it seems that every time I pick up decent hole cards the flop is just awful for me, putting sets, flushes, straights out there for others but totally missing my hand! This game the cards deserted me when I needed them. In level 1 I raised 160 with QQ and got 3 callers. The flop was 622 with 2 h and I bet 500. I was instantly raised all in for 5k! I thought for a while but folded as there was no need to risk all my chips and be up against a set or a flush draw. I won 2k with AA after I got into a preflop raising war and we both got them all in. He had KT lol. The flop was Q63, the J on the turn was such a terrible card for me but thankfully the river 8 was a brick for him. After that I just had no cards whatsoever. Any raises with suited connectors, small pocket pairs were either re-raised or the flop was just awful for me if I managed to see a flop. I managed to get to the last 4 and raised with KQ. I was re-raised and I called going all in. Maybe I should have just shoved preflop but I didn't think the 66 he had was a particularly good move but it proved to be a winning move as my inability to win an important race reared its ugly head and I was out.

Not sure if I can be bothered to play another game today with the way the cards are falling for me at the moment.

Challenge bankroll is now $253.75

No comments: