Wednesday 19 September 2007

Those lovely ladies (for a change!)

I thought today's session was gonna go the same way as yesterday - no cards and watching the donkeys calling with crap and hitting left right and centre. About 45 mins into the session I picked up QQ in mid position...

> tornado78125 posted small blind ($0.01)
> Ztslas posted big blind ($0.02)
> Game # 833,181,053 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(Qs Qd ) oh good (ironic) the bloody ladies with 4 people still to act after me

>Belvic64 sits down

> dubchild folded
> pkroob folded
> richmagpies1 raised for $0.12 have to raise
> darkstalker called for $0.12
> zeg006 went all-in for $0.43 hmmmm I cant fold here and this might get rid of those still to act which would be helpful
> Spinx1987 folded
> North_boy folded
> tornado78125 called for $0.42 ok another caller but I guess this will help build the pot
> Ztslas folded
> richmagpies1 called for $0.31
> darkstalker called for $0.31
> Dealing the Flop(Qh 6c 4h ) Excellent! a set but 2 hearts not so good but now there is no getting away from this!
> tornado78125 checked
> richmagpies1 bet for $0.87 I have to bet here and build the pot
> darkstalker called for $0.87 Glad he has called
> tornado78125 folded
> Dealing the turn(9c ) hmmmmm that puts 2 flush draws out there which is not good as the short stack all in could have anything
> richmagpies1 went all-in for $0.64 But lets make them pay to see their draws if they are on them
> darkstalker called for $0.64
> Dealing the river(Jc ) I dont like that 3rd club but it looks like I'm good! woo hoo ! lol
> richmagpies1 shows Three of a Kind, Queens
(Qh Qs Qd Jc 9c )
> darkstalker mucked
> zeg006 mucked
> richmagpies1 wins $4.53 with Three of a Kind, Queens not a bad pot but in my experience definitely a hand where you either win (relatively) big or lose your whole stack!

In the end I decided to call it a night soon after this pot as it is nice to go away with a nice profit in my last session when I am not gonna be able to play for a week or so. However, I will take some cards and some chips with me tomorrow as I'm sure some of the lads on the stag weekend will be up for a few friendly stts!

Overall i played 34 hands and finished the session $2.42 up. Looking at the stats on Poker Tracker, I played a bit looser than normal as I saw a flop 38% of the time (but based on 34 hands is a small sample so probably not that significant). However, I did have better cards tonight such as AK twice, a few pocket pairs and I did call with suited connectors in late position a couple of times (but missed the flop totally lol) which is what explains this.

The bankroll now stands at $13.56.

If anyone reads this, good luck at the tables and I will be back next week!

No comments: