Monday 3 September 2007

Trouble with the ladies....

Hands like this show exactly what the standard of play is like at the lowest levels...

> mally22222 posted small blind ($0.01)
> coolkevl posted big blind ($0.02)
> Game # 822,426,182 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(Qh Qc )
> StevenBell, you have 10 seconds to respond
> StevenBell, you have 5 seconds to respond
Registrations for the $30 $1,250 GTD Short Handed NLHE Freezeout closes in 02 minutes
> StevenBell did not act in time and was folded
> OAK_RA_FA_EL folded
> richmagpies1 raised for $0.12 ok been v patient and not played a hand for a while but want a caller so won't raise too much
> bombhead15 folded
> jazzyt folded
> cdp888 folded
> Perry73 called for $0.12
> mally22222 went all-in for $2.04 Seriously? Ok well, if he had AA, KK surely he wouldnt be that stupid?
> coolkevl folded
> richmagpies1 went all-in for $1.76 Ok lets call. Need to make big hands pay.
> Perry73 called for $1.93 Shit what has this guy got!
> Dealing the Flop(7s 3h 2s )
> Dealing the turn(4s )
> Dealing the river(8s )
> mally22222 shows a Flush, Spades what the fuck! A9 and they weren't even suited! What a lucky fish! Must make a note of his awful play for next time.
(As 8s 7s 4s 2s )
> Perry73 mucked wow this guy had AA so I was dead anyway.
> richmagpies1 mucked
> mally22222 wins $5.70 with a Flush, Spades

The idiot with A9 was 5% to win preflop. I guess I was just unlucky to have come up against AA when had QQ so dont feel as bad as if I it had just been against the moron with A9. Bet the guy with AA is even more pissed off than me - I bet he thought it was his birthday and christmas come at once as he sees 2 all ins before him and he's sitting there with AA lol

Anyway enough of the moans about bad beats....

One of the interesting (or frustrating) things about using poker tracker to analyse your game is that you have a pretty good record of what the outcome of a hand would be if you hadn't folded. I had a classic the other day when I folded J8 and the flop came JJJ. I'm sure we have all had days when our big hands dont hold up yet the crap we throw away either hits a straight or full hosue. Its tempting when this happens to loosen up and play rags but its not a winning strategy in the long run so I try to be very disciplined - if you have poker tracker go and look at the percentage of hands you have won with 74 if you have just folded it and hit a full house on the flop - will help your sanity and prove to you that in the long run folding 74 to a preflop raise is the correct play (although it didnt seem to be at the time)!

For example looking at my stats for the 913 cash game hands since I started this blog shows that if I had gone to the river I would have hit a straight 40 times. But in actual fact I have only gone to a showdown twice when I had a straight! WOW! That looks like a leak to me! Maybe I should play those connectors a bit more frequently as I'm obviously missing out here!

Another intereting stat is the figures for hands won at showdown. My current figure is 59% which is ok and shows that on those rare occasions (lol) I go to a showdown I'm ahead!

Disappointing to end the day $2 down but still up overall! I doubt I'll play anymore today as I'm going on holiday tomorrow so got plenty to do.

Good luck at the tables and see you in a weeks time!

No comments: