Wednesday 12 September 2007

GRRRRR I'm soooo stupid

Just got back from a great holiday with my girlfriendf in Skiathos, Greece - fantastic weather, great food, pleasant friendly people so nice and relaxed until......I left one of my f*****g bags in the black cab we got back from the station which had in it my ipod, digital camera and passport! Of course the cabbie hasnt (yet) handed it in if he found it and I guess that given the times we live if the next customer in the cab found it they would just take it anyway and think it was their lucky day - I do hope I am proved wrong and that it does turn up but I'm not holding my breath!

Anyway the travel insurance (if the b*****ds pay up) should cover the ipod etc but the main thing I'm pissed off about is the passport as I'm going on mate's stag weekend to Majorca next Thursday and I dont have a passport! So despite being on holiday it will be up early tomorrow, get the same train I do everyday to London and an apporintment at the passport office to report the lost one and get a new one. Hopefully I'll be able to persuade them to let me pick it up in person from the office next week (as I work nearby) rather than rely on a courier delivering it by next Thursday lunchtime so that I can go on the stag!

I'm just so annoyed with myself and feel a right idiot! I do hope that whoever found it does the decent thing and hands the bag in to the police but as I said, I think I'm probably pissing in the wind given the way this country is going to the dogs! I now feel like I've not been on holiday at all!

So no poker played today which is a shame and probably not tomorrow either but will try! Maybe its best I dont play for a couple of days until I get all this stuff out of my system! A couple of bad beats may send me over the edge!

No comments: