Saturday 15 September 2007

Rugby, WSOP Europe, curry, lager...

I didnt play at all yesterday as I went to Canterbury for the day. Now I'm not religious at all (probably an atheist actually) but you couldnt fail to be impressed by Canterbury cathedral and the 900 years of history. Would hearltiy recommend a visit if you live down this way.

In the evening I watched England get royally spanked by the Springboks which was as depressing as it was inevitable lol. I dont think that we'll be in a pub like 4 years ago come the final! I also watched the WSOP europe tourney on the net so didnt play myself. Pretty good stuff but no commentary which was a shame. I know some people prefer it this way but its always interesting to hear the likes of Raymer, Hachem or Hellmuth when they are in the booth like during the EPT events discussing the hands. The link to the coverage is http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/mediacenter/livevideo.asp The final table will be pay-per-view but I'm sure someone on the laddies forum will post a link where it can be seen for free like the WSOP main event!

Played a few hands today before the Wales - Australia game and finished $0.93 in profit so bankroll up to $12.04 now. Had JJ twice and won with it once. Then flopped trips in the sb with 63 and got paid off against flopped 2 pairs and that was it really.

Going out for a few drinks and a curry tonight at a South African indian place. They do a fantastic house special curry (cant remember the name of it) which is basically a hollowed out loaf of bread filled with curry! No rice, naan or starters required! Yum yum! Trying to make the most of the last few days of my holiday!

Lets hope the Punters Pal's tips come good for the first time this season with trebles and accumulator on West Ham, West Brom, Hartlepool and Shrewsbury.

No comments: