Sunday 3 February 2008

First games for ages!

I have hardly played this month which is probably due to being busy doing other things. To be honest I have not really missed it that much which I thought I would. I hope to start playing again soon and feel that this break will let me come back fresh and play a good game!

I signed up with Gala poker last week as Blonde Poker had organised a freeoll with a first prize of a £1000 seat in the Edinburgh leg of the Great British Poker Tour with $100 satellite seats for 2nd- 5th. I said that one of my new year resolutions was not to play freerolls but games such as this are allowed as it is good value (lol - well it would be as its free!), there were only 70 odd runners and as it was a Blonde game I thought the standard would be much better than the usual freeroll all-in fests we have come to know and love! Anyway to cut a long story short, I finished 9/73. I was the short stack on the final table and pushed in late postion with 22 as I had less than 5 big blinds. Callers with 66 and AA were not what I was hoping for! I spent much of the tourney sandwiched between the 2 big chip leaders which was not great but I managed to take advantage of some loose calls when my cards held up to reach the final table. I thought I payed pretty well and whilst disapointed to get so close to a seat, i did enjoy the game.

Today I decided to play some low-limit cash on Gala (0.05/0.10 no limit, 10 player table). I bought in for the maximum $10 and left an hour or so later with $12.35. I won about half a dozen hands with AJ, 87 (flopped a set of 8s), KQ, AK and other similar hands when in the big blind. I was dealt KK but all folded to my preflop raise. I laid down JJ after a player bet into a KKQ flop and got re-raised. Easy fold for me and at showdown they both had AQ. Errr that was about it so all in all pretty dul but a wining session is a winning session!

Bankroll is now at $136.52 if I take away the money i put into Gala.

No comments: