Friday 22 February 2008

Laddiesforum $1000 freeroll

I played a $1000 freeroll last night on Betfred. It was supposed to be for forum members only but there were a load of people who it seemed had just joined the forum to get the password which was a bit annoying. There was even one freeloader whose first ever post on the forum was today asking when the next one was - cheeky fecker!

Anyway thanks to BetFred for putting in the $1k prize pool and for it having an excellent structure - 2k starting chips and 20 minute blinds, 222 players with top 30 paid.

It took me forever to get going, not helped by being sucked out on by AJ when I had AQ....how did I know the river was gonna bring a 9 to give him his straight. As soon as the turn came I knew it was gonna happen! I pushed all in a couple of times with small pocket pairs and just before the end of the 2nd hour I was back up to my starting stack of 2k. Talk about grinding!

I then went back down to 900 when I pushed with 77 and got called by AT and AK with the river bringing the A. Thankfully it was against 2 shorter stacks. I then doubled up with 44 vs QQ when all in and then again when I pushed with 97 in the big blind when the flop came 976 with 2 hearts. A heart came on the river to give my opponent his flush but it also filled my boat and I doubled up to 3.6k. Another (lucky) double up with KQ when I flopped 2 pair to beat JJ - it was a scary 3 hearts on the flop though as he had the Jh but my 2 pair held and I was now into the top 30.

I then doubled up again when I raised with KK and chikadee re-raised me all in. It was an insta-call and she showed ATh. The board came 57K86 and i was now up to 12k and in the top 15. Unfortunately I then went completely card dead and once in the money I pretty much dribbled away, managing to steal the blinds a few times with rubbish such as A5, KJ when it was folded round to me in position. This kept me alive but I never threatened to double up to be in a position to make the final table.

I made the top 20 and pushed with QJ with impeccably bad timing as I was called by AA lol. I had a few chips left but that was it for me.

Anyway I finished 20th and cashed for $10 and it was a good game and nice to see a 'proper' forum member, Gaffer win the whole thing for $270.


The challenge bankroll is now $156.10

No comments: