Friday 22 February 2008

22 February - 2 more STTs

The first deep stack I played tonight I busted out 5th. I had nothing all game but its always fun to watch a big stack donk them all off in 3 hands which is what the guy who had a 12k stack after the first 2 levels did!
The only hands of note for me were when i raised 3x big blind with AK to 600. I got 2 callers and the flop came 3 spades on the flop. I checked and then the chip leader went all in for 7k and with no flush draw it was an easy fold. The last hand was with 77 in the big blind and with 2 limpers I pushed for 1.2k, hoping to take the blinds. Unfortunately under the gun had limped with AA (which is such a dangerous play). Unluckily for me I didn't suck out and that was that! So not a great start to the $5 level lol

I decided to play another stt at about 11.00pm and pleased to say I came 2nd for $15 after 90 mins but with a bit of luck it would have been first - it was an absolutely crazy game at the end heads up with the huge blinds!

I decided this time that in my previous game I had been calling with marginal hands like small pocket pairs and suited connectors far too much and was unnecessarily leaking chips so decided to be a rock in the early levels unless I got a monster. I got nothing until level 3 with AK in the cut off . I raised to 200 and there was 1 caller and a 343 flop. i called the 150 bet. The turn brought a K and i re-raised his 775 bet all in to 2.3k. He called with K7 and i was up to 5.3k.

I then had no hands which I played for ages but the rubbish I folded hit the flop big time twice in a row. The next hand I would also have flopped 2 pair as well!


I thought 'here we go, bloody typical!' lol

I got a few walks in the blinds as they got bigger and it wasn't until level 7 when I got another decent hand - 56 in the big blind and it was checked to me and the flop came 552. I flat called a 200 bet and bet out 200 on the K turn hoping he had a K. I got one caller and the river 2 gave me a boat and I picked up 1.8k as my 300 bet was called.

The bubble arrived in level 9 and there were 3 of us who were within 1k of each other and one big chip leader with double what we had. It was very much a raise and all fold situation. I pushed all in from the small blind with AJ and was pleased to get a call from QT. For a change the 875A6 was no help to my opponent and I doubled up to 6.6k. All 3 of the smaller stacks were up and down all over the place as the blinds bit into our stacks. My shoves with AK and AT from the small blind bought me much need chips form the blinds and a looser push with K8 all in was called by K7 and I was up to 7k.

The only option now was to push all in as even a 2x big blind raise was half of our stacks and so we would all be pot committed. Pushes with a wider range of hands and hope that no one had a monster was the order of the day to avoid being blinded out - no real skill anymore - and i got walks with T6, QQ and A9 and won blinds when they were at 800/1.6k.

The bubble finally burst at the 800/1.6k level and I only had 6k left. A couple of hands later it looked like I would finish 3rd as I had 2.7k vs 13k and 14k. However, I tripled up when I hit top pair with K7 and then when I took the next 2 hands I was chip leader!

Heads up was just crazy! The blinds were 1k/2k and I was a 3-1 chip dog. I pushed with J4 and hit 2 pair to beat AT and then my 99 hit a full house and I was now a 27k to 3k chip leader and looking odds on to take the win with blinds at 1.5k/3k. However, he won the next 3 hands in a row from behind lol and went from 3k to 24k and left me shaking my head. The first hand I was in the small blind and he was big blind with just 120 left. I pushed with 72 for the extra 1.5k which was an automatic play with any 2 cards hoping to finish him off as soon as possible. I probably would have 2 live cards at worst - unbelievably he only had 63 but hit a 3. Strike 1 and he's up to 6k. Next hand he pushed with 65 and I called with Q6 to have him dominated and he hit a 5. Strike 2 and he's at 12k. Next hand he pushed with Q6 and I call with A7 and yes he hits 2 pair on the turn! Strike 3 and he has 27k and i have 3 k lol!

I managed to get back to 11k but on the last hand I called his all in with K6 and his A9 was ahead and the A93 flop sealed the deal.

Heads up was pretty much a lottery as there was no room for raising and folding give the stack sizes and blinds and whoever got the luckiest won. Fair play to him though it was a very good game and just a shame the blinds go up so quickly!

Challenge bankroll is $160.10

No comments: