Sunday 24 February 2008

Flushed away!

Another $5 high stack STT today and I busted in 8th. I had no cards until level 3 when a pre-flop raise of 300 with AK took the blinds. The next decent hand was my last and it was AK again. I raised 300 pre-flop and got 2 callers. The flop came K73 all hearts. The under the gun caller bet out 475 and I re-raised all in for 2.2k as I needed to start getting busy. He called for almost all his stack with K and J hearts and of course the river gave him his flush with the 2 hearts.

At first I thought that this was a typical crappy fish call with a flush draw but thinking about it now, he did have top pair as well. Should I have pushed with top pair on that board without a flush draw? I put the hands into a hand calculator and after the flop I was a 53% favourite so a little better than a coin flip and then a 72% favourite after the turn. So statistically it was the right play...! I'm not sure if I was him that I would have called for over 1/2 of my stack with his cards after being re-raised when he was no where near pot committed......he did and he got lucky but he did bust in 3rd chasing another flush draw though lol

So I've played 4 $5 stts now and have only cashed in one which is a bit disappointing but still early days and with a bit of luck would probably have won 1 and cashed in another.

Challenge bankroll is now $244.60

No comments: