Saturday 1 December 2007

Well, the run had to come to an end and it was frankly no surprise that it was to a retard when I was holding AA. It was level 2 of a laddies super deep stack stt. I hadn't played a hand so far and picked up AA in early position. I raised to 180 and got a caller on the button. The flop came 863 (2 diamonds) and I bet out 405. The button re-raised all in and I called. They turned over the mighty 54 hearts for an open ended straight draw. The turn was 4 and the river was predictably 2 to give the moron their straight. I have seen some poor play in my time but calling a 180 raise with 54 even on the button is pretty piss poor. If you're gonna play 54 at least raise and try and push me off the pot as you have got to know you are either way behind or at best have no idea where you are with 54 if you just call! And then getting a lucky flop and going all in with just a straight draw....sigh! Anyway give me that position again and I will take it every single time as a 4-1 favourite pre-flop and a 2-1 favourite after the flop! I watched a bit of the game after that and saw bad play after bad play as chips were thrown away chasing gut-shots strights and flush draws.

Anyhow that's it for today as I'm off to a friends birthday which should be a really good night!

The bankroll is now at $106.19

No comments: