Saturday 22 December 2007

STT win

It seems like Ladbrokes are re-vamping their STTs as they will be having a leaderboard and various other new things which is good news as their rewards for STT players are frankly rubbish! What this means though is that at the moment they dont have their full range of STTs available at the moment and one of the games that is missing is the super deepstack games which I mainly play. However, they have told me that these will be brought back which is good.

So i had to play a different game and to be fair laddies did have another high stack game which was 3k chips and 10 hand blinds.

I got off to a very slow start and didn't pick up a hand until level 3 when a preflop raise and a continuation bet with AK was enough to win the pot of 700. The first big pot was in level 4 when I flat called with 88 hoping to hit a set and the flop was a pretty good A82 with 2 diamonds. I re-raised on both the flop and turn and the caller called my 600 river bet on the 7 which gave me a full house, a 3.7k pot and second place.

Hands were few and far between and at level 7 the blinds were 400/800. I checked with K4 in the big blind and bet out 1.6k on the KQ7 flop which was enough for 3.2k. I won another 2.2k with KQ as I knocked out the short stack

At level 8 the blinds stop at 500/1000 so it is pretty much all in preflop and I did this 3 times in about 8 hands with 44, 22 and TT and won the hand each time. With the blinds this big compared to the stack sizes it is a crap shoot and if you go a couple of rounds without a hand then you are pretty much screwed. Hands in the big blind like 53 when you are allowed to see a flop of A42 for free and flop a straight are just the kind of luck you need! This enabled me to get to HU as a 3-1 chip dog.

I then won a big pot with AQ when I hit top pair and my bets were called all the way. But as I said before it only takes a few rounds and you can be right back down again which happened to us both as we both had hands which we played strongly after hitting the flop. I managed to get all in with 33 vs QJ and I was back up to 16k.

The key hand was this:

> Dragonologis posted small blind (500)
> richmagpies1 posted big blind (1,000)
> Game # 895,363,632 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(8s 2s )
> Dragonologis called for 500
> richmagpies1 checked
> Dealing the Flop(9c 10s Ks )
> richmagpies1 checked
> Dragonologis bet for 1,000
> richmagpies1 called for 1,000
> Dealing the turn(Js )
> richmagpies1 bet for 1,000
> Dragonologis raised for 2,000
> richmagpies1 raised for 4,500
> Dragonologis raised for 7,000
> richmagpies1 went all-in for 6,327.70
> Dragonologis called for 2,827.70
> Dealing the river(Ah )
> richmagpies1 wins 27,655.40 with a Flush, Spades

After that he had about 2.5k. I just raised him and unbelievably he folded to leave himself with less than 1000 chips - bizarre! Anyhow when he did go all in his J5 was dominated by my JT and that was that.

The bankroll is now at $119.19

No comments: