Friday 14 December 2007

Back to winning ways!

I managed to play my first game for about a week tonight and glad that I managed to get back to winning ways again with a 1st after not cashing my last 3 stts.

I had no hands early on until Level 2 when I flopped the nut straight with AJ after limping gunder the gun. I managed to avoid the flush draw and' picked up 1.5k as someone couldnt put down their 2nd pair.

Nothing to report in level 2 and 3 and I picked up a couple of pots with AQ and 94 in the big blind. My first big hand was in level 4 when I had AK in the cut off. I rasied to 400 and got 2 callers in the blinds. The flop was A95 and as they checked I bet out 450. I got 1 caller. The turn was T and I bet 1.3k. I was re-raised to 3.8k and I thought about it for a bit as he could have had 99 or 55 for a flopped set as there was no obvious straight or flush ...I called and was pleased to see he had AJ, he didnt hit his J and I doubled up to 10.3k and sent him to the rail.

Things then quietened down and I won a few smallish pots with 66 and AJ. I then pick up KK and I re-raise to 900, and the chip leader re-raises me all in. I insta call and he flips over QQ. The board is 632 with 3 hearts but thankfully I have the K hearts to his Q hearts so am only dead to the Q. The turn and river are bricks for him and I win 20k and am now chip leader! I then pick up QQ and manage to get back a few chips I lost with AK a few hands before.

We were now on the bubble. I had 21k and the others had roughly 10k, 12k, 6k so sitting pretty and then this cool hand, well for me anyway. I wasnt involved as I folded my 93 preflop lol

> ambler posted small blind (100)
> PeterEllis posted big blind (200)
> Game # 890,460,590 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(3c 9c )
> BUBESI raised for 400
> richmagpies1 folded
> ambler raised for 1,500
> PeterEllis went all-in for 13,800 Ac, Kc
> BUBESI went all-in for 8,986.24 9d, 9h
> ambler went all-in for 4,603.76 Jd, Jc
> Extra chips returned to PeterEllis, 4,613.76
> Dealing the Flop(10d 7c Kd )
> Dealing the turn(6h )
> Dealing the river(7s )
> PeterEllis wins 24,976.24 with Two Pair, Kings over Sevens and kicker card Ace
> ambler has left the tournament in 4th place
> BUBESI has left the tournament in 3rd place, winning $4
You are guaranteed a Prize !

I guess the AK got lucky to flop his top pair and knock out the other 2 and so I went from chip leader with 4 left to a slight chip dog (28k - 21k) and guaranteed 2nd place in one hand lol!

I'm determined to win this game and I try to be aggressive and we both lose a few k and then get it back. I then pick up JJ....

> richmagpies1 posted small blind (150)
> PeterEllis posted big blind (300)
> Game # 890,465,493 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(Js Jh )
> richmagpies1 raised for 900
> PeterEllis called for 750
> Dealing the Flop(4d 9h Qs )
> PeterEllis checked
> richmagpies1 checked
> Dealing the turn(Jc )
> PeterEllis bet for 1,050
> richmagpies1 called for 1,050
> Dealing the river(6h )
> PeterEllis went all-in for 26,290
> richmagpies1 went all-in for 19,510
> Extra chips returned to PeterEllis, 6,780
> PeterEllis shows One Pair, Queens
(Qh Qs Jc 9h 8c )
> richmagpies1 wins 43,220 with Three of a Kind, Jacks

Looking at this hand I guess I was lucky to hit the set on the turn but then again he shouldn't have given me a free card. If he bets hard on the flop am i gonna lay down JJ? Possibly but after the turn he is gonna get smashed as there is no way he is gonna lay down top pair and I'm going nowhere with my set! When he goes all in I cant get my chips in fast enough! I think it was a bad play by him because if I have nothing or second pair or worse, I'm laying down to such a big bet and if I call he is probably losing as he doesn't have a great kicker in his hand with Q8 and I did raise preflop so I could have AQ, KQ, QJ and he is in real bad shape!

I'm now totally dominant with 43k and he then starts going all in a lot preflop and gets to about 10k. I'm just waiting for a hand to call him with. I pick up QJ and call 600. The J96 flop gives me top pair and I decide to put him to the test...he calls with A5 and the turn and river are 8, 3 and I win.

Nice to get back to winning ways the first time playing in a week!

The bankroll is now at $109.59

No comments: