Sunday 11 May 2008

When will it end....

I played a $5 stt today and as usual the combination of being card dead and no luck put paid to me in 5th place. Not a great deal of hands to talk about but this one will give you an idea of how I run at the moment. Level 3 and I get AQ in the sb - not great but about the best I'd so far so I call the raise to 100 with 4 other callers. Flop is Q72 rainbow so I bet out 300 and get 2 callers. Turn is 7 and I bet 750, 1 caller. River is 4 and I bet 750, the caller has 87 and I lose a 4.5k pot. Miles ahead after the flop (81%-19% favourite) and he hits of course. Ok I could have raised preflop but out of position I'm just hoping to hit the flop cheaply and I don't think that I'm gonna get rid of too many given the looseness of the play so far. So why would I want to build the pot just yet? Surely better to see the flop cheaply and then if I hit, that's the time to bet?

About 20 hands later I push with AJ after hitting the J on the flop and of course the AK caller hits a river K and that's it.

I think I may take a more long term break as as I said a few posts ago, every time I play I'm expecting to lose and even when I get big hands I'm expecting to be outdrawn by idiots who are miles behind.

Challenge bankroll is $284.56

No comments: