Friday 23 May 2008

Another win!

After winning my last game I was hoping to continue upwards again and am pleased to have just won another STT, so that's 2 in a row. Not amazing I know but its still pleasign after the run I have had recently!

I had a decent start when I hit a set after raising 120 with 66. I called the short stacks all in for 1.2k and his 55 was in bad shape and I was up to 6.5k. However, I was back to where I started when i lost 1.6k with JJ after the soooooo loose chip leader (he played almost every hand) called my bets all the way to the river with AK on T955 board and rivered his K! No big pots until level 4 when I picked up KK and raised to 300. I got 2 callers and the T98 (2c) was a worry putting straight and flush draws out there. I bet 1k and loosey-goosey calls. The turn is 4s, which put a spade draw on the board. Well, I pushed all in for my last 4k and he called with 54 spades and missed his flush draw when the river was 8d and I was up to 11k.

Again I made a point of not limping into pots with marginal hands and when I played a hand it was aggressively with a raise preflop. I won pots in position preflop with JJ, A5, J8 by raising on the button and with T8 in the big blind.

I was then card dead for ages and my 12k stack was gradually being eaten away. By this time the the big chip leader had managed to donk off his whole 16k stack but unfortunately not to me and we were 4 handed.

I had about 6 k when I picked up AQ on the button and raised 1.6k.The sb called and the flop was AAJ. Obviously I checked and the turn brought Q to give me a full house but also put a flush draw on the board. I was so hoping he had hit his flush with the river 8 but he checked. I bet 900 and he called and I won 5.4k. In level 9 I limped with TT on the button for 600 as any raise preflop was being folded round and I wanted to get some action. The flop was 532 and I re-raised to 4.2k. The chip leader called and the turn was 3. We both checked. The A river was a scare card but I had to call the 600. No way was I gonna re-raise as he could have the A or 4 and I'm a loser. I was pleased to see the 12k pot come my way and I was now chip leader.

Another big pot came my way in level 9 with AK. I raised to 2.4k and got a caller. the flop was K62 all hearts and I had the A hearts so was in good shape! I bet out 2.5k and he called. The turn was 9d and he folded to my 5k bet for a 15k pot. After this my aggressive play pre-flop was going unchallenged and I was winning pots preflop which is good when the blinds are so big!

At the start of heads up we were pretty even in chips but it was now level 12 and the blinds were pretty big. I won a 24k pot with A7 after calling for 1k. The flop was AK6 and I bet out 4k. He called and the turn was 7. I bet 12k hoping he had an A or K but he folded. At one point I was up to 30k and called his all in with KQ hoping to finish him off but he had A3 and hit an A and were back even!

He was then the aggressor as my cards dried up and I was down to about 6k at one point. A couple of re-raises won me decent pots and I managed to get back to over 10k and was still in with a chance. Anyway I managed to eat away at his chip lead and my final had was QQ. I limped and the flop was 995. He pushed all in and I insta-called. He had 85 for 2 pair but was dead to a 5 and the 7, T were bricks for him and that was that.

I was pleased with the way I played especially heads up. Coming back from being a big chip dog is always satisfying!

Challenge bankroll is now $293.66 which is the highest ever!

Oh and here's a tight preflop fold with AT from this game where I would have hit quads!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Good to see the wheels of profit are still turning, it'sa hard slog at the micro stakes, so many donkeys to navigate around!