Monday 12 May 2008

Definitely need a break!

Played another STT tonight. Should have known it was only gonna end one way! sigh........

> pompeybaz2 posted small blind (50)
> bigalan53 posted big blind (100)
> Game # 982,188,171 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards(Js As )
> richmagpies1 raised for 400
> ScroogeMcduk called for 400
> darcyhux folded
> pompeybaz2 called for 350
> bigalan53 called for 300
> Dealing the Flop(Ah Ac 3s )
> pompeybaz2 bet for 800
> bigalan53 folded
> richmagpies1 called for 800
> ScroogeMcduk folded
> Dealing the turn(4d )
> pompeybaz2 bet for 1,600
> richmagpies1 went all-in for 4,802.50
> pompeybaz2 called for 3,202.50 A4 ffs!
> Dealing the river(10c )
> pompeybaz2 wins 12,805 with a Full House, Aces full of Fours
> richmagpies1 has left the tournament in 5th place

So yet again outdrawn. Was a 68% fave after the flop and ok there was 19% chance of a split pot, but he was just a 13% fave after the flop but hits one of his 2 outs on the turn. Man, how much do you have to raise pre-flop to get idiots with A rag out of the pot....1k, 2k, all in? Well my notes on him say 'plays any old shit in any position - fish', so I shouldn't be surprised!.

Ok he was in the sb but that's still no excuse. I guess there was no point raising on the flop as he was going nowhere now he had hit trips. And with no flush draw out there, I couldn't hope for a much better flop! I didn't put him on AK/AQ but if he did have that then so be it. There is no way I could lay down that hand and if I start laying down hands like that, then I may as well give up altogether! Hmmmm now there's an idea.....

When will my luck change?

Challenge bankroll is now $282.26

No comments: