Saturday 10 May 2008

Same old story...

I played another $2 stt the other day and was completely card dead until level 5....about 85 hands! I'm down to about 4k and have been so patient. I finally pick up KK and raise to 500, the short stack with 3k pushes all in and I insta-call and am loving his TT.....but ffs he hits a fecking T on the turn and instead of being second I'm now the short stack with about 1k left...! He said 'sorry, ul' which really winds me up! Why is he sorry? Would he rather have lost? And also I think his re-raise with TT was shit play. Did he not notice that I have barely played a hand and might therefore be playing quite tight? TT is NOT a big pair and is not a re-raise all in hand where you are unlikely to get a call from a lower pair and be, at best, in a race against over cards or a 4-1 dog against a bigger pair.

Any way I'm now past caring and manage to double up, ironically, with TT when my push for 1.1k is called by 87? Of course the A96 flop brought him about a million outs for an open ended straight and flush but unbelievably he missed them all and I'm up to 2.3k. My luck then seemed to change and I hit quad As followed soon after by quad 7s but not for huge pots as even the donkeys I was playing smelt some danger or more likely didn't have anything despite calling pre-flop raises lol. There was also a split pot of quad 2s when the board was 2222A. I didn't see the point of the donkey raising the pot unless there was an idiot who would fold so I just called.

There was one guy who was up and down, going in with crap and sucking out all over the place....doesn't it drive you mad that when you can't hit a barn door others seem to hit 2 outers all the time? I won't go into the detail of my last hand but it was as predictable as you can imagine with me being ahead when the chips went in but not for long and I bubbled.

Anyway here's the nice pics of the quad hands.



No comments: