Monday 5 May 2008

Back in the money...

I played a game on Thursday and although it was a free roll, it was a $10k free roll so definitely worth playing. I managed 117th/1153 for $13. I never got many cards and when I did, i.e. I had KK twice, all folded to my my pre-flop raises. I pushed in the hand after the bubble had burst with AK in the big blind but ran into a set of jacks.

Given the way my luck has been going I decided to play a $2 stt on laddies instead of the usual $5 game. It was a real old slog and lasted 2 and a half ours! I managed to get 2nd for $4.50 which was ok but as we were about even chips when heads up and I managed to get a 26k-14k lead at one point I was disappointed not to win. It was the usual story of not being able to get paid off with my good hands i.e. him folding pre-flop both times when i had AA...grrrr! And then when I tried to be aggressive without much, he played back at me with a hand and showed it. The main turning point was when I was on the wrong end of a set vs set situation which meant him getting the 30k - 10k chip lead. I then pushed all in 5 times in a row and he folded each time and of course when I finally had a hand and got him to call, he sucked out on me lol. Still better then bubbling though!

Challenge bankroll is now $292.36

No comments: