Friday 4 January 2008

New Year poker resolutions

Happy New Year! Ok now that's out of the way and I have almost recovered from the flu that has had me laid up for the past 5 days...god I felt like crap and have now passed it my girlfriend who I can hear coughing and spluttering upstairs as I type this!

What are my poker resolutions for the new year?

1. I am gonna continue with the challenge
2. Want to have the bank roll to be playing $10 stts within 6 months. This doesn't look very ambitious but it all depends on how much time I get to play and the way things are at the moment its not a lot!
3. Quit playing stupid freerolls where the prizes are a few cents after 4 hours play and play a proper game instead!

My stats for the challenge to 31 December 2007 which I started in August last year were

Total bank roll $115.69

Tournaments
Played 38
Cashed in 71%
Profit $105.20
ROI 125.39%

Cash
20 sessions
buy-in $40
profit $8.49
ROI 21.23%

I think its clear where I am best so I think I will stick to stts but maybe try a few more mtts as well. If I can get to $150 this month I can then start playing $5 stts and should hopefully move up to $300 pretty quickly. If I lose 10 buy ins at the new level i will move back down to the old level..but I'm not planning on letting that happen!

Overall in 2007 including before I started the challenge in August my stats were

Total profit of $553.63
ROI 67%
cashing in 61% of tourneys I entered....whoopee doo I hear you cry! I know its not big bucks but I am pleased that I am a winning player given that I don't have as much time as I would like to play .

Anyhow I will hopefully be able to play a few games this weekend and start 2008 off as I mean to go on.

Oh I nearly forgot, here's a nice hand that I had in probably the last ever freeroll I will play.....

No comments: