Monday 27 August 2007

First post

After reading about Chris 'jesus' ferguson turning a bank roll of $0 into $10k, and getting bored with playing small stakes stts i thought 'hmmmm i'll give that a go' and keep a blog about it. I know it probably wont be as interesting as his but hey if people dont wanna read it then fine! Maybe I'll throw in a few bits about my day to day life to as well as just the poker stuff, who knows.

What I plan to do is start on the lowest level cash table at Ladbrokes with $2 from cashing in freerolls the other day so it is starting from scratch. This will be at the $0.01/0.02 NLHE tables where the max buy in is $2. Once I have reached $40 I will move up to the $0.02/0.04 tables and when I reach $100 move to the $0.05/0.10 tables. I will always buy in for the max as I believe that you need to have a stack that can get you paid off well when you hit a decent hand. I may also play a few STTs and MTTs but for no more than 5% of my bank roll whilst with cash it will be for no more than 10% of my bankroll.

I usually play low level STTs ($2) and MTTs (up to $5) - not huge stakes but I play more for fun rather than to earn money as I dont get to play as much as I would like given that I have a job, girl friend, social life etc!

I have earned over $1200 playing on line in the last couple of years and my total bank roll across all the sites I'm a member of at the moment is $580. Not a great deal I know, but as I said I dont really play for the money, just for fun.

I do like to keep accurate records of my earnings though (www.pokerdominator.com) and also use poker tracker (www.pokertracker.com). I'd highly recommend taking a look at these tools as you'd be surprised how helpful they are in identifying leaks in your game. I used to play a lot of turbo stts but then after starting to use these tools, realised that I was losing money playing them and that a slower structure suits my more patient game - try it for yourself.

I hope that this challenge will keep me interested in playing for the next few months as I've been getting a bit bored of the online game recently! Hmmmmmm...we shall see!

I'll try and post details of each session profit/loss so if anyone is interested they can see how I'm getting on!

Cheers,

richmagpies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice blog mr magpie and gl with the challenge

kind regards
ALFIE CONKER