Tuesday 4 November 2008

90 player stt

I played a 90 player stt on Full Tilt today ($3/deepstack/turbo/knock-out) and came 5th for $19 ($18 for 5th place and $1 for 2 bounties). I didn't get involved in many hands early on because I wasn't getting any cards but I picked up the blinds a few times to keep my stack around the starting stack of 3k by the first break but this left me near the bottom of the leader
board.

In level 12 I pushed with AJ and was called by AQ...the river J saved me and doubled me up to 6K. Another double up in level 14 with QQ vs KJ took me to 12k and into the top 12 with about 20 left. Level 17 and my AA was good against a re-raisers TT and I was up to 21k and 4th and looking good for the final table. The blinds were getting quite high and you needed to try and steal them to maintain your position. I pushed with AK on the bubble and had 2 callers....thankfully they were AKh and A7 and I survived the other AKh 2 hearts on the flop to give him a flush draw to split the pot.

The bubble came and went and with blinds at 2/4k it was a relief to be put on the final table on the button. 2 shorties went pretty quickly and my cards dried up. I was in danger of dwindling away in 5th and pushed with J8 in the big blind for about 14k. The big stack on the bubble called with his 76 and flopped 2 pair and that was that.

Challenge bankroll is now $384.78


2 comments:

Dominic said...

Well done on what you've done so far

I'm loving reading everyone elses Poker bankroll blogs. You guys are well ahead of me but I'm on my way.

I've decided to embark on a bankroll builing challenge where I roll $50 into $5000.

I thought I'd try it after reading about Chris Ferguson in that poker player magazine.

A big fat bottle of champagne is waiting for me when I'm done.

Well so far so good, I'll be posting about it if you want to see how I'm getting on.

Follow My Bankroll Building Challenge.

Good luck with your poker

Broker

admin said...

Great man! I've started this experiment not a while ago. For freeroll tournaments I'm using Pitbull Poker site. And last week I won $12.5:) I hope I'll reach your level some time soon, now I'm moving to a cash game.


My current results