Sunday 28 September 2008

Another STT

I played another $5 stt on laddies and my usual patient game and never really got going. I didn't pick up any decent starting hands so crap like KQ, KJ, AJ was looking quite good! I lost about 1500 when I had KJ and he had AJ and we both hit 2 pair, his A coming on the river of course.

We were down to the last 5 quite quickly and I was pleased to double up in the last 4 when I had KQ ob. I raised to 800 and the big blind called. The flop was a lovely KK7 rainbow and I called his ai with Q8 and doubled up to 7.5k. LOL and he did make a comment about terrible timing in the chat box which it was.

In the final 3 I was the shorty with 7K vs 12k vs 20K so wasn't expecting much and was just hoping to get a double up to at least have a chance. Well the 2nd stack committed suicide with a bluff and that left me with 10k vs 30k heads up. We had a right old battle which was pretty good and I managed to get to 30K when I had AK and he re-raised me all in with his QQ and I hit trips on the river. But alas I just couldn't finish him off and we were both up and down like a see-saw. By the end it was a bit of a crap shoot as blinds were 2k/1k but still an enjoyable game and predictably my timing was off on the last hand when I pushed with AQ to find him insta-calling with AK lol.

Challenge bankroll is now $324.20

No comments: